The Titletown MMA Academy/Roufusport Green Bay is excited to have Daniel Wanderley as our black belt for our BJJ curriculum. It is great to be apart of his association and we look forward to announcing the first workshop with him.
His bio taken from the Roufsport HQ website is as follows:
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Professor Daniel Wanderley was born in the beautiful beach city of Recife, Brazil. He began his Jiu-Jitsu training in 2000 and within 5 years he earned his Black Belt. His original teacher, Gutenberg Melo, began training BJJ in 1976 and earned his Black Belt from Carlson Gracie, Sr. in 1992.
In 2005, Daniel arrived in Chicago, IL, to train specifically with Carlson Gracie, SR, and taught at the Carlson Gracie Academy. When Carlson Gracie, Sr. died in 2006, Daniel returned at the invitation of Carlson Gracie, Jr. to teach at the Carlson Gracie Academy.
In Fall of 2013 Daniel Wanderley brought his talents and experience to Roufusport where he is Head Jiu-Jitsu instructor.
• 2016 IBJJF American National Gi Champion
• 2016 NAGA Gi Champion
• 2015 IBJJF Chicago Summer Gi and No-Gi Champion
• 2014 NAGA No Gi Expert Division Champion – Chicago, IL
• IBJJF World No-Gi Silver Medal
• IBJJF Chicago Summer Open Gi Silver Medal
• IBJJF Chicago Summer Open No-Gi Silver in Weight Class and Silver in Open
• IBJJF Las Vegas Summer Open Gi Silver Medal
• IBJJF Las Vegas Spring Open Gi Bronze Medal
• 2013 UFC Fan Expo/Grappler’s Quest No-Gi Advanced Champion
• 2013 IBJJF Dallas Open Champion
• 2013 IBJJF New York Open Champion
• 2013 IBJJF Chicago Winter Open No-Gi Third Place
• 2012 IBJJF Pan Ams Silver Medal
• 2012 IBJJF No-Gi World Bronze Medal
• 2011 IBJJF Pan Ams Champion
• 2010 IBJJF Pan Ams Champion
• 2010 IBJJF No-Gi World Silver Medal
• 11X NAGA Champion at Expert Division
• Professional MMA Fighter